Saturday, July 4, 2015

Participating for the First Time With MPAF's Annual Membership Exhibit


The re-opening gala reception at Pacific Grove Art Center last night was a gas. It seemed to me that some hundreds of people showed to view art and photography, from the miniatures that lined the halls to the walls of the four exhibit galleries. I was honored to participate as a new member of the Monterey Peninsula Art Foundation. My appreciation goes out to Jan Zeigler, a fabulous organizer, who got my Where It Hurts Now chiaroscuro composition entered into the exhibition at a late date. She and my fellow artists have been so warm and welcoming to me, first to the Seaside Artists Association, and then to MPAF.

My appreciations go out to the organizers and volunteers of the Pacific Grove Art Center, all those whose names I can't yet all recall, those who hung and illuminated our art so, well, artfully -- truly showing our work literally "in the best light". Thank you to our pianist, helped create a perfect comlimentary ambience.

Finally and surely not leastly, my appreciation goes out to my dear friends, old and new, who attended last night or sent their well wishes. I felt extremely supported, blessed and supremely elated.

Once again, thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone. And thanks to my good buddy Terry Lee for taking this shot:

No comments:

Post a Comment